Enjoy Great Food
At New Pioneer, we love food. We care about where and how it was grown, and how it tastes. We believe that it is possible to do the right thing for your health, protect the environment, and strengthen the local economy when you buy groceries.
From fresh local produce and flavorful seafood to handmade cakes served with fairly-traded coffee, New Pioneer offers the highest quality food, including gourmet and hard-to-find specialty items.
New Pioneer’s goal is to offer the best in organic, natural, and local food and products to support our community’s health and well-being. To that end, New Pioneer has adopted the following standards:
New Pi's Product Policy:
- We feature and prepare foods that are free of artificial sweeteners, artificial colors, artificial flavors, artificial preservatives, high fructose corn syrup, and trans fats.
- We actively seek out and support sources of certified organically grown foods, locally grown whenever possible.
- We feature seafood, poultry, meat, and dairy that are free of added growth hormones, antibiotics, nitrates, or other chemical additives.
- We highlight household and personal care products that have been proven safe through non-animal testing methods.
- We feature grains and grain products that have not been bleached or bromated.
- We do not knowingly sell meat or dairy products from cloned animals or food that has been irradiated.
- We respect our members' desire to know what is in their foods. If you wish to choose non-GM (Genetically Modified) foods, we recommend choosing certified organic foods and locally-grown foods from suppliers we know. New Pioneer cannot confirm the status of conventional GM ingredients in the absence of federal GM disclosure laws.